Adblock Plus for Android is an Android app that runs in the background and filters ads, using the same filter lists as the Adblock Plus browser extensions. It works on Android version 2.1 and higher.Adblock Plus blocks: mobile ads, video advertising, banners, push notifications, display advertising, HTML5 advertising, and much more.
- Adblock Plus might have limited functionality, depending on the Android version on your device and whether your device has been rooted:
- Rooted: Blocks ads over Wi-Fi and 3G
- Non-rooted with Android 4 (or later): Blocks ads over Wi-Fi
- Non-rooted with Android 3 or earlier: Some manual configuration is required. Please visit our website to learn how to setup your own
Also, Android does not allow ads to be blocked on SSL encrypted websites.
- Adblock Plus is an open-source, community driven project. Many volunteers are contributing to the development and maintenance of Adblock Plus.
- Currently, there are over forty continuously updating filter lists in over a dozen different languages, ensuring that all obtrusive ads remain blocked.
- Please note that Adblock Plus will probably become the highest data-using application on your Android device. However, this is only because Adblock Plus needs to filter the data to ensure that the ads can be blocked. Adblock Plus is actually only using a fraction of the data shown on your device.
Features of Adblock Plus
- Support Enable or disable ad blocker services
- Supports simple and easily subscribe to the multinational ad filtering rules
- Support in the status bar icon or using the transparent display standard notification icon
- Support boot automatically starts in the background ad blocker or start it manually after boot
- Support Select Refresh Subscribe frequency filtering rules
- Support is only connected to a WiFi network to perform automatic refresh operation
- Background filtering
What’s New ?
- Added new copyright for new year and bug fixed
- Adblock Plus for Android is an Android app that runs in the background and filters ads, using the same filter lists as the Adblock Plus browser extensions. It works on Android version 2.1 and higher.
How to install apk?
- Download the apk file provided and install it on your android device
- Now launch your browser and start ads free browsing
- That’s it. Enjoy!