Microsoft’s Windows 11 has enabled you to have all your favorite apps on your PC, especially if you’re on the Amazon Appstore. But because of this limited selection, many Windows users might write off the feature altogether. Thankfully, there are Android apps that you can download from third-party sites and run on Windows computers using an Android emulator.
An Android app is a software function that runs on the Android operating system. Android apps are usually downloaded from the Google Play Store but can also be downloaded from other sources. Here are a few steps for installing Android APKs on computers with Windows 11.
Grab the Amazon Appstore
Always remember that Windows 11 doesn’t have a huge selection of apps in its app store, so you might want to consider grabbing the Amazon Appstore. It’s a great resource for finding your favorite apps, many of which are compatible with Windows computers. Once you have the Amazon Appstore installed, you can start browsing the apps you want to include on your computer.
- On your PC, launch the Microsoft Store.
- Running the search bar at the top of the page, type “Amazon Appstore” into the box.
- To install the application on your computer, select “Get.”
Of course, you don’t need to log into the Amazon Appstore on your PC to install apps on your Android phone. You can simply open the Amazon Appstore app on your Android phone, search for the app you want, and install it that way.
Get Your Android App up and Running
You may quickly install an Android app on your PC by following simple steps. With that said, you need a Windows Subsystem to ensure you can install the app.
- Open the Settings app on your PC. Select “Update & Security.” Select “For developers.” Under “Windows Subsystem for Linux,” select “Turn on.”
- Once you’ve turned on the Windows Subsystem for Linux, you can open the Command Prompt and install the app.
- Open the Command Prompt. Type “sudo apt-get install <app name>.”
- For example, if you prefer to install the Firefox app on your PC, type “sudo apt-get install firefox.”
- You may receive a message that requests if you want to continue. Type “y” and press Enter to continue.
- The app will start installing on your PC. Once it’s finished, you can open it from the Start menu.
Test the Android App
Of course, this step would be incomplete without testing the Android apps. You need to locate the APK file from File Explorer to do this. From there, you need to follow these easy steps:
- Tap the APK file to launch the app on your Windows 11 desktop.
- You likely need to enable unknown sources if the app doesn’t open.
- Open the Settings app, select Security & privacy, and then toggle the switch for Unknown sources.
- Once done, you can now test the app on your PC.
You can install Android APKs on Windows 11 devices, but you need to take a few extra steps to ensure the installation goes smoothly. First, you’ll need to enable app installs from unknown sources. Then, you’ll need to download and install an Android emulator. After that, you can download the APK file and install it using the emulator.
Jim’s Techs provides easier and faster installation of your Android apps, games mod, and other APK downloads. Browse through our website today for more information!