Have you ever tried to save a photo or video from Instagram only to find that you can’t? It’s a frustrating experience, especially if you’re trying to save a video that you know you’ll want to watch again later.
So, why can’t you save photos and videos from Instagram?
The simple answer is that Instagram doesn’t want you to. The app is designed to be a social platform where users share unique photos and videos with their friends. Allowing users to download content would defeat the purpose of the app.
However, there are ways to work around this restriction. With a little effort, you can save any photo or video from Instagram to your device.
This article will show you how to save photos and videos from Instagram on your computer and phone.
Saving Photos from Instagram from Your Desktop
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to save an Instagram photo on a computer:
- Choose an Instagram photo from your feed that you want to save on your computer
- Tap the ellipses icon in the photo. It is the three dots you would see on the upper right side of the picture.
- You’ll see a pop-out menu during the second step. Select “Go to post.”
- Right-click on the page and choose “View page source” from the menu. You’ll see the code of the site.
- Use the shortcut CTRL + F and type “.jpg” into the search box. You’ll see some links with that tag.
- Copy the first link with the .jpg name. Make sure to copy it completely.
- Paste it onto the web browser tab. You’ll see the image in full resolution.
- Right-click and save the photo to your computer.
How to Save Instagram Posts to Collections
Instagram is an excellent platform for sharing your photos and connecting with friends and family. But did you know that you can also use it to build up a collection of your favorite content?
Here’s how to do it:
- Follow your favorite content creator on Instagram.
- When you see a photo you like, tap the bookmark or save icon to save it.
- You’ll automatically see a “Save to Collection” prompt after. Tap on it and choose the collection you want to save your content.
That’s it! The photo will be added to your collection. You can access your collections by tapping on the menu icon at the top right side of your profile. Go to the Saved option (bookmark icon). From there, you can view all of the photos in a particular collection or create a new collection.
Building up a collection of your favorite photos and videos on Instagram is a great way to keep track of the content you admire. Give it a try and see how it goes!
How to Save Your Instagram Videos
When you’re done creating your Instagram video, simply save it to your device so you can access it later. To save a video on Instagram:
- Tap the Share button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Save button in the bottom left corner of the screen. Your video will be saved to your device.
If you accidentally posted your video to your Story instead of saving it, you can still get it back! Just follow the steps below:
- View your story.
- Click on the three dots at the lower right-hand corner of the story.
- See the menu and tap the Save Video option.
If you don’t want to repeat the process, go to the Privacy and Security settings on the Instagram app and toggle on the Save to Camera Roll option.
You might want to save photos and videos from Instagram for many reasons. Perhaps you want to keep a backup of your posts or save someone else’s post to share with others. Whatever the reason, there are a few easy ways to do it. Instagram also has other unique features that you can unlock.
You can have more fun with your Instagram app by downloading mod APK apps. Jim’s Techs is the best way to make your android more awesome by providing free MODs in complete APK form and ad-free. Try one now!